Writing stories can be challenging but with these top 10 tips, writing can be a lot easier!
1. Always try to begin a story with a ‘bang’. Try to make the opening interesting, use dialogue or even start with the ending instead!
2. Make your characters in your narrative sound convincing and realistic.
3. Build descriptions by using language techniques such as metaphors, similes, alliteration, onomatopoeia and so on.
4. Remember to use descriptive words to convey your character’s personality, actions and words.
5. Use dialogue in between descriptions to make your story more engaging.
6. Write sentences of different lengths. Use short sentences for moments of suspense.
7. Imagine you are experiencing what the character is feeling, doing or seeing to create a lifelike narrative.
8. Base your narrative on different events including experiences of your own. Include different emotions; suspenseful, catastrophic or happy.
9. Allow your character to ask questions so the reader can also ponder the same thing when they read your story.
10. Most importantly, have fun! Utilizing your imagination and letting your creativity flow always makes a story captivating.
Hopefully these 10 tips will help you along your journey of story writing!